Sunday, September 12, 2010

Monday September 13


Hello Students and Parents,

Today is an early dismissal day due to our monthly staff meeting! Also this week will be slightly different due to the fact that I will be gone Thursday-Monday. The students will not have a spelling test or DOL/Grammar quiz until I get back on Tuesday. Don't worry...I will make sure that they are prepared for the quiz before I give it to them. If I get back and decide that we need to spend a day reviewing then we will take the test on Wednesday. I would never give the students a test or quiz if I didn't feel that they had been adequately prepared for in the class. This week we will be learning about clauses and complex sentences. We have been building this concept for several weeks. The students have created compound subjects, compound predicates, and compound sentences. We have learned that we need to add a connecting word such as and, or, but when combining these different elements. We also learned that we need a comma before the conjunction if we are combining independent clauses. Our ultimate goal in learning all of these concepts is for their writing to be descriptive and complex. My hope for the students is that when they write they will use a combination of simple, compound, and complex sentences effortlessly.


No comments:

Post a Comment